We are looking to add to our valued operations team. This is a full-time opportunity to join a great team environment with an organisation who genuinely cares about our people and the community we serve. In conjunction with the Groundsperson, you will be responsible for ensuring our grounds and gardens are presented to a high standard. You will work with the grounds team and our contractors, suppliers and exhibitors to ensure excellent customer service is provided and all health and safety regulations are adhered to.
The role is varied and includes:
• Monitoring and maintaining all grassed areas along with the Groundsperson
• Preparing and restoring damaged areas to ensure optimum growing conditions
• Providing high quality, timely and well-planned garden maintenance
• Implementing landscape solutions that are visually appealing
• Ensuring all underground cables and water pipes are clearly identified and marked prior to site set up for events
Ideally you will have a horticulture qualification or similar level of experience and hold a forklift and other additional licences. You should be confident with general gardening tasks such as trimming, pruning, using power-tools, planting, weeding, and spraying. You will be self-motivated, physically fit and able, with practical common sense. You need to be flexible as this position may require some weekend work. You’re happy to work on your own when needed or as part of a team for those bigger jobs. Rain or shine you’ll stick it out and get the job done.
If you have the necessary interest and experience to thrive in this role, we want to hear from you now. Please send your details to Erin.Fairgray@nznfs.co.nz.